Sunday, November 21, 2010

Copasetic Asian Games

Once every few hours I follow India's fortunes in the Guangzhou Asian Games on the Games Information System page. When I visited to check Sania's fate in her tennis semifinal match, I read this news item on the site.

"Chen Shaokang, Deputy Secretary General of Guangzhou Municipal Government, Deputy Chief of the Asian Games Town Leading Group reported that everything is copasetic and running smoothly".

Copasetic? I didn't know what it meant. M-W says it means 'very satisfactory'. The main spelling is given as 'copacetic'.

Apparently the word was first used in 1919. This must be the second use.

I remember that somebody called the CWG Village 'filthy'. He could have so easily said 'sopathetic'.




3 comments:

  1. It is always copasetic to receive words of appreciation from a person whose sense of humour most closely approximates to mine.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews