Friday, August 19, 2011

Question Ably - 14




The person in the upper picture recounts a phase in his youth: "Put simply, I was having an 'identity crisis'. It was my good fortune I could spend so many hours with the man who had coined the term. I recognized that an identity crisis is not a sickness but another chance to realign the shape of one's outer life with the core of one's being, with one's true self. What I really wanted, I discovered, was a special kind of life of the mind which I believed _______ could give me. I wanted to be like him".

The 'him' in the quote is the person in the lower picture.

Name both men and fill in the blank in the quote. (Hint: The word is a field of study, a discipline.)

1 comment:

  1. Start with Sudhir Kakar and he'll take you to the remaining two answers.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews